Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day One (Tuesday)





Current project- Shed

Day One- Foundation and Floor.
I broke ground on this project at around noon, once the sun had time to warm things up a bit. I think the hardest part of this project was leveling and positioning the foundation blocks. That took most of my time today. Once that was done, I started framing out the floor. It was smooth sailing from there. All in all I worked about 6 hours today. I think the hardest part is behind me now. The next thing that I think my be a challenge is the roof. We will see. I hope to get that started/ done on Saturday. (if I can find some help)

About the shed. The plan is for an 8x12 barn style. The height has yet to be determined. The doors I got are 30"x 80". They are standard entry doors. I need to modify them into french doors. I am also putting in a window and a skylight. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Note: This post will be updated with pictures once I find my card reader.

No comments: