Tuesday, February 24, 2009

/Slap

In a recent interview with Robert Plant he basically said, The reason for not wanting to do a Led Zeppelin Reunion tour is because the critics. He doesn't want people to compare the way he sounds now at 50 verses his 20's. To this I have 2 things to say. 1) Since when does "Led Zeppelin" care what the critics say? 2) Bull Shit excuse! Of course people are going to do that. Its stupid but that what stupid people do. Its not about having a 25 year old voice. Its about playing great music the you enjoy and your fans want to hear. But No! You slap us in the face with a "no, I'm afraid of what the critics will say?!"

So here is the big Slap. Not only is he saying no to Zeppelin. He and Krauss are doing another collaboration together. I know they won all kinds of awards and stuff for the first one. That's cool, but my opinion is it was just OK. No, I wasn't expecting anything like Zeppelin or even solo Plant stuff. It's just not my type of music. So the Real reason Plant doesn't want to do a Zeppelin tour? He's having too much fun with Krauss and hes scared of what people think.

My thoughts on Zeppelin as it stands now. I think Page, Jones and Jason Bonham should go on tour with out Plant. I think David Coverdale should take vocals. They should go on tour as "Cover Zeppelin". If Plant doesn't like it, that's just too damn bad.

No comments: